Wednesday, December 21, 2022

My Christmas Eve Kitty

Ten years ago, this Christmas Eve, I was finally able to capture the feral kitten I had been feeding for three months.  A thunderstorm was forecast along with a nighttime low that would have been miserable.  I was determined to get that kitten inside no matter what!  Luck was on my side because his curiosity about the holiday cooking aromas enticed him inside and I was able to close the door.

That precious tuxedo cat was so scared that he opened the cabinet door under the kitchen sink and hid there.  I kept hearing a tiny meow and realized that he wasn't really *that* scared and wanted me to know where he was.

All this time, we thought that *he* was a *she* and got quite the surprise when we found out that Olive was a boy cat.  After hiding under the kitchen sink on Christmas Eve, only one name suited him.  He was named after the character, Randy, in A Christmas Story.

Here's my boy:



Every year I think about how he has been my most precious gift.  =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment