Translate

Friday, January 24, 2014

Annual Meeting

My husband and I drove to Lafayette a couple of weekends ago for the annual meeting of the LA Crafts Guild.  The meeting took place at the Acadiana Center For the Arts.  ACA serves as a place for education, community development, performances, and exhibits.  One of our guild members (VP of the guild, too) has her work featured in the Vault.  That space was actually the vault in the building's former incarnation as a bank.

I learned a lot more about the guild and the guild's gallery, Sans Souci while I was there but most importantly, I met wonderful, talented people.  Members brought gifts that they made for an exchange and numbers were drawn while I was out for lunch.  That ended up being very lucky for me because the last gift remaining was this beautiful handwoven purse from the very talented Lynn Langhoff.  Her work is gorgeous so, it was no surprise that she won the Best in Show Award of Excellence at the 37th Annual Chimneyville Festival.  





No comments:

Post a Comment