Translate

Friday, October 4, 2013

Tropical Storm Karen

Those of us who live along the Gulf coast had hoped to make it through an entire hurricane season without having to deal with a storm.  Historically, October is a troublesome month for tropical systems forming off the Yucatan or in the Gulf so, it's not surprising that our first storm of the season is an October storm.



 Watches and warnings have been issued from Louisiana to the Florida panhandle.



T.S. Karen is not expected to make landfall as a hurricane but it's always wise to be prepared--just in case.  Even tropical storms spawn tornadoes so, keep that weather radio on and make sure that you have fresh batteries.  Stay inside and stay safe!

4 comments:

  1. Yikes. Hope that doesn't mean any cancelled plans....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No plans have been cancelled (yet) but it's looking like I may have no choice. :(

      Delete
  2. I live in Pensacola and I am going to spend the day picking up the loose stuff and I might cover the bay windows, just in case. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in NW FL, too. I'm getting my mom's place ready and keeping my fingers crossed that I can still attend the Guild reception.

      I think covering the bay windows is a good idea. It only takes one snapped branch to take out a window and raise your homeowner's premium.

      "Be safe!"--You, too!

      Delete