Translate

Friday, September 6, 2013

Freret Market September 7th

The Freret Market will resume on the 7th of September after taking a two month hiatus during the hottest part of the summer.  That break gives artists time to get back into their studios and a welcome break from sweating it out in the sauna-like New Orleans heat.  That doesn't mean that the September market won't be a scorcher but there will be lots of vendors with cool, delicious things to eat and drink.

Kalaya Steede and I will both be there.  If you don't know her work, check out her blog and Etsy shop to see her beautiful enameling and etching--yep; we're both addicted to etching!

I've been making a lot of items in preparation for the Chimneyville Craft Festival in MS and for galleries but I will have a few new pairs of modern, clean-lined earrings, an amethyst geode necklace in sterling silver that's entirely handmade save for Mother Nature's effort in making the amethyst, and a few more pieces that you'll have to come see!

amethyst geode sterling silver necklace
Rustic Amethyst Geode with Handmade Sterling Silver Chain

4 comments:

  1. That necklace is Sweeeeeetttt! I love it! Can't wait to see you today and your new work. Yes it will be hot but we are going to pass a good time today. Merci beaucoup for mentioning me in your blog. You are too kind. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so good to see you. I can't believe how hot it was at the market. We were so tired when we got in that we showered, got take-out at Pizza Delicious, and crashed. I missed seeing Alex McMurray at Siberia. :(

      Delete
  2. Sorry I couldn't see that in person, but thanks for sharing! Hope it was a good day for one and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have been miserable in that sauna-like weather but I would have enjoyed getting to see you! I'll email you all the market details. ;)

      Delete