Translate

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Craftsmen's Guild of Mississippi

July was a really hectic month with my mom's days in the hospital and the projects that were keeping my nose to the grindstone.  I can finally tell you about the second time-sensitive project.  I also applied to The Craftsmen's Guild of Mississippi and they accepted me!  The application asks upon acceptance whether an applicant would like his/her items added to the the Mississippi Craft Center gallery on consignment.  Items submitted by those who are not accepted must be picked up or they ship them.  I agreed to list my jewelry so, you can imagine how I felt when it was returned to me about a week ago.  I was certain that I was not accepted...and then my letter arrived! 

Getting my applications prepared for the two guilds was a lot of work but the real work is just beginning.  I, now, have to get ready for all the upcoming markets and holiday shows!

I'm pretty excited about the Chimneyville Crafts Festival but I must admit that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  Chimneyville Craft Festival is "is continuously named a Top Twenty Event in the Southeast by the Southeast Tourism Society."¹  That's a huge leap from my previous markets/festivals. Eek!

Additional information:  http://www.visitridgeland.com/attractions/mississippi-crafts-center/
 
1.  http://natcheztracetravel.com/festivals-events/details/53-chimneyville-crafts-festival.html

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being accepted into the two guilds! I'm not surprised. Your jewelry is beautiful and meticulous. I hope that your mother is recovering nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cynthia! :)

      We're grateful that there were no lasting effects from her TIAs. She was lucky. Arthritis is her chronic health issue and it's no picnic.

      Delete
  2. Your work is always so well made. You just need to keep doing what you have been doing - great jewelry. Congratulations. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. Your kind words mean a lot!

      Delete