Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Martha Stewart: American Made

"American Made spotlights the maker, supports the local and celebrates the handmade. The journey culminates in a signature event this October in New York City. Join us and uncover the next generation of great American Makers."

Voting continues through September 13th.  Please consider voting for Bergeron Woodworks. Some of you might recognize the name and remember that I had David make a custom frame with a vintage bronze screen insert which I use as a jewelry display.

custom frame by Bergeron Woodworks
(Please ignore the next door vendor's vintage clothing in the background.)

Not only is David's work beautiful and extremely well-made, it is also eco-friendly in the truest sense.  When you buy a piece of his furniture, you have bought a piece of South Louisiana history and kept that wood out of the landfill.  Those old houses that cannot be restored are given new life as modern furniture with a twist.  I love that the lines of much of his furniture are a little more modern.  Juxtaposing the salvaged wood against more modern lines really highlights the rustic nature of the wood.

David is a talented woodworker and artist but also a nice guy.  When my husband and I drove down to Thibodaux to pick up my frame, we ended up chatting with David like we had known him for years.  He's extremely personable with a wicked sense of humor, too.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that David is also a member of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.

Bergeron Woodworks is now on Etsy:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/BergeronWoodwork

I'll admit that there are lots of talented people but my votes will be cast for Bergeron Woodworking.  Please consider giving David and Tiffany your support, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment