Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

Louisiana Crafts Guild

One of the time sensitive things that I was working on during July was my application to the Louisiana Crafts Guild.  I just learned that I was accepted!  As soon they receive my membership dues, they will get my info up on the website and the jewelry that I submitted into Sans Souci (without worries) Gallery in Lafayette.  I can't wait!  Back in 2006, Southern Living magazine voted Sans Souci Gallery as their #16 pick on their list of the 50 top places to shop. 

This elf has to return to the workshop immediately because more jewelry is needed for the other guild-affiliated museum and art center gift shops.

I'm also a member of Florida Craftsmen.  Unlike the Louisiana Crafts Guild, you don't have to jury into Florida Craftsmen.  Membership does have nice benefits such as free admission to over 80 cultural organizations in 14 states through the Southeastern Reciprocal Membership Program and the opportunity to jury into Florida Craftsmen Retail Gallery and participate in the annual Holiday Show.  I'll be submitting my application for the retail gallery very soon because I definitely want to have my work included for the Holiday Boutique (link shows last year's info).  ~Fingers are crossed that my work is accepted~

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. :) You had a lot more faith that I'd get in than I ever had!

      Delete