Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

A Gift

I've got lots of things in the works right now and have, again, neglected my blog.  So, this will be a quick post to show a pair of reversible earrings that I made for a friend.

etched copper earrings by Libellula Jewelry
and the reverse:

reversible earrings by Libellula Jewelry
naturally patinated, sealed with Permalac, and buffed with Renaissance Wax

These were etched using my new DC power supply in place of my usual set-up with D-cell batteries.  Check eBay for power supplies; I got an excellent deal.

7 comments:

  1. Ooo la la! I was wondering how the new gizmo was doing. I'd say it's a success! Hope you are having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gale! I am loving it. I'm now only going to use batteries when I'm teaching or at a market/festival doing a demo.

      Delete
  2. Awesomeness Libellula!!! Time for me to get a DC power supply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll email you a link to the seller. It even had free shipping!

      Delete
  3. I don't make jewelry, so the technical vocabulary goes right over my head. But even this untrained eye can see that these earrings are exquisitely beautiful. Or maybe exquisite and beautiful. Either way, that's one lucky woman to have a friend like you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanne. I'm glad you like them! ;)

      Delete