Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Poor Neglected Blog!

I haven't abandoned my blog but I certainly have neglected it.  I got so busy making new jewelry that I couldn't pull myself away to write anything.  I'm also waiting on my photographer (aka my husband) to have the time to take a lot of photos.  There is a serious backlog of items that need to be photographed.

I haven't written a Randy update since--I don't even remember the last one.  My kitty boy is quickly winding down his kittenhood and looking and acting more and more like an adult cat.  The vet's age estimate means that he'll be a year old the first week of July.  My formerly timid little boy has become a confident, loving cat who runs and plays like a Tasmanian devil but snuggles, purrs, and head bunts like a little love sponge.  It seems like eons ago that he was such a terrified little feral kitten.  Patience, love, and persistence really paid some major dividends!

And, last but not least...I found out last night that I was one of the 46 winners in the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party Contest.  I feel a combination of shock and joy.  I'm just so honored to be included among such a talented group of designers.  I'd like to extend many thanks and huge hugs to both Lori Anderson (creator & host of Bead Soup Blog Party) and Karin Van Voorhees (a senior editor at Kalmbach Books).

Kalmbach Publishing Wire Work Winner Bead Soup Blog Party

7 comments:

  1. are those your pieces? beautiful. you deserved to win. :0)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thank you so much, Debbi! I'm still in shock.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your much-deserved win! Can't wait 'til you post the new pieces you've been working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope to get (at least) a few photos up on the blog tomorrow. It's more etching and some silver to go in my other shop.

      Delete
  3. Nice news on my first day back stateside! Big congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete