Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

So Much Fun!

Update:
The attendance numbers were even better than originally estimated.  23,800 people were in attendance! 

The Freret Street Festival was so much fun.  The weather was beautiful which resulted in a great turnout.  The early estimates are just under 21,000 people which is a nice increase over last year (17,500).
I saw lots of friends including Heidi Post and had the chance to meet Kalaya Steede.  Business was brisk and it kept me sort of trapped in my tent (I'm not complaining!) so, I wasn't able to get out to visit any of my other friends who were vendors.  I feel bad about it because I would love to have seen them and their new work but I'm hoping that I see them while I'm in town for the French Quarter Festival this weekend.  I won't be vending at the Piety Street Market this weekend because of French Quarter Fest.  I can't miss the music!  Look for me back at Piety in May.

Freret Street Festival 2013
Busy all day!

I'd like to put in a plug for my good friend's dog sitting business:  Doggone Comfy.  If you're in the greater New Orleans region and need someone who is dependable and truly loves dogs to care for your furbaby, please give him a call.


12 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great day. I'm looking forward to craft show season in my area. I think I'll do a few this summer, it's been years since my last show.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a nice day. I think you'll get more exposure for your HA shop when you're doing markets again. I imagine that it's hard starting over (so to speak) with getting people to look for your work in another venue after being on Etsy. I'm hopeful that it will come together for you. :)

      Delete
  2. It was great to finally meet you in person! Have fun this weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed getting to meet you, too. I'm sorry it was such a brief chat. We'll have to remedy that with a real get together sometime.

      I hope you have a great time at FQF, too! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! That really was some turnout!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you had been there! You need to find you a festival like that up near Philly. I know you'd have a lot of fun. It's only the preparation that's a drag.

      Delete
  4. Okay, I really might try it next year :) Have fun at the Fest and I can't wait 'til the May Piety - just in time for Mother's Day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You'll do great.

      I definitely do better at the holiday-oriented Piety markets. Mother's Day should yield an increase in purchases. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Look at all those people. I see the earring racks that your husband made! I hope that your sales exceeded your expectations. But if not, at least you had fun and got to meet friends--old and new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beautiful weather really helped bring in the crowds. This was the first time that I had the two racks in use and I'm really loving them. They're so convenient. I was pretty thrilled with the number of sales. I didn't expect to do as well as I did so, it was a pleasant surprise. These markets & festivals really do make up for my low sales on Etsy and Big Cartel.

      Delete