Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

Freret Street Festival

Freret Street Festival Banner

The Freret Market is held on the first Saturday of each month (except July & August) but the April market is special.  April's market is known as the Freret Street Festival and lines the eight blocks between Napoleon and Jefferson streets.  Last year's attendance was around 17,500.  With more than 200 vendors and four stages hosting 19 different bands, this year's attendance might exceed that of previous years.

I'm really looking forward to it because it will be my first time vending at a festival.  I'll only be selling at this festival and no other markets during April because the Piety Street Market falls during the same weekend as French Quarter Festival--which I'm not going to miss!

If you're in the greater New Orleans area, please come out and join us!  There's free parking and the festival is conveniently reached via public transit.

Here are a few teasers:

wooden drink box by Big Easy Woodworks
 Wooden Drink Box by Big Easy Woodworks

frosted menorah by Andrew Jackson Pollack
Menorah by Andrew Jackson Pollack

Eleanor headband by Bedford Falls Headwear
Eleanor Headband by Bedford Falls Headwear

decorative solar lighting by CBros Innovations
Decorative Solar Lighting by CBros Innovations

Sidekick table by Crampd Studio
 Sidekick Table by Crampd Studio

hanging flight by Hourglass Productions
Hanging Flight by Hourglass Productions

Twitter tag:  #FreretFest

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for your condolences for our precious boy. The love from everybody is helping us through our sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I'm hopeful that time will eventually soften the sadness and bring the sweet memories to the forefront.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! The Freret Fest is going to be lots of fun! Can't wait to meet you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to meeting you, too! I'll be honest and admit that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed in getting ready so, I keep working and checking things off my almost never-ending "to do" list.

      Delete
    2. I know the feeling. I bet you have waaaay more inventory than I do so no worries. Oh...you just reminded me that I need to go get some things. HA! Okay...time to get that to do list going but if you don't put anything on it then you won't have nothing to do right? ;)

      Delete
    3. I'm not too worried about inventory but rather the displays. My husband is still working on a second earring display stand and the brass rods have yet to be ordered!

      Fingers are crossed that we both get through this unscathed. ;)

      Delete
  3. I like those solar lights...and that wooden drink box. good luck in the show.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbi!

      There really are going to be a lot of great items at the festival. I could have listed so many more but I figured I'd better keep the list reasonable. ;)

      Delete
  4. Great stuff!! Thanks for visiting my page and for the kittie goodies, my cats thank your little guy <3

    ReplyDelete