Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cloud Dome Earring Stand

I participated in the Window Shop Blog Hop sponsored by Rita of Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends back in November.  It was a lot of fun visiting all the other participants' shops.  I learned about a lot of shops I might not have otherwise found.  In addition to the social and promotional aspects of the hop, there were also prizes.  I was thrilled to find that I had won a Cloud Dome Earring Stand provided by the inventor, Cindy Lichfield.  Once again, thank you!

My husband, who does all my photography for me, has been very busy and only recently had the time to try my new Cloud Dome Earring Stand.

We were surprised when we opened the box and found that Cindy had also included the Cloud Arch with my Cloud Dome Earring Stand.  The stand is compact and easy to assemble and makes staging long earrings for photography a snap.  I have been using stoneware earring bowls but this stand gives me yet another choice in how I present my earrings in photos.  The stoneware earring bowls are lovely and give my photos a look that is very much in keeping with the style of my jewelry but not suitable as a means of photographing earrings for submission to a gallery.  This system allows the use of an infinite variety of backgrounds--you're not limited to the ones that come with it.  I found that I really like using a piece of white foam. 

View the comparison below:

sterling silver chandelier earrings by Cicada Silver
Casually Displayed on Stoneware Jewelry Bowl

versus

sterling silver chandelier earrings by Cicada Silver
Cropped
 (no color correction or brightness/contrast correction)

I really look forward to submitting some of my work to a couple of galleries in the near future.  Thank you, Cindy, for helping me toward that goal!

6 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see your results... Not as much glare on the silver with the new set-up (which is always a problem otherwise). Also great not to have to rig some sort of suspension!!! Lucky you to have won that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it works great so, I'm more than pleased and will certainly talk it up! I really do feel lucky. :)

      Delete
  2. That will be a great set up for submissions. Looks fantastic. (And the earrings do, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it and absolutely recommend it to anyone who wants to simplify their photography.

      Thanks, Cynthia! :)

      Delete