Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I Made Link-Up


I have made so many items that are yet to be listed!  I did manage to get this bracelet listed this morning so that I would have a fresh item ready for the What I Made Link-Up.

Birgitta Lejonklou of Angel Whisperer made the focal.  Her work is very earthy and feminine and pairs well with Thai Hill Tribe silver elements.  The ones that I used in this bracelet are in the pattern "bundled reeds".

I'd like to give a big thank you to my friend Gale who sent me a variety of beads a few weeks back.  These were extras and beads that she had grown a bit tired of using but they were entirely new to me.  They included the light blue ceramic beads like the one that I used in this bracelet.  That bead inspired me to make this bracelet.  Sometimes a jumping off point can be as simple as a bead that matches a focal that you've had sitting around unused for months!

6 comments:

  1. Well, you did that light blue bead justice! But I have to say, I just love those three-hole bracelet focals, and that one's lovely in your latest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gale! I can't believe I'm still working on orders...I'll break away for an email soon (I hope!).

      Delete
  2. Love this! And I know what you mean about one bead sparking an entire design. That Thai silver is just gorgeous with the light blue of the ceramic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Birgitta's focal and it finally gave me an excuse to use some of my hoarded Thai silver. :)

      Delete
  3. You have done Birgitta's focal justice with your lovely work. Love the mix of metals with that blue. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! I'm so glad that you guys like it. I wasn't initially sure about mixing metals but so many people are on a budget that I thought a mix would add interest and cut the final cost a bit (and maybe make it easier to sell).
      BTW: Your headpin order is currently winging its way to you. Thanks again! =^..^=

      Delete