Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

USPS Problems and Civil Behavior on the Internet

I've had some issues with packages not getting scanned by the postal service.  Some have only been scanned at their sorting centers but not at delivery and others haven't been scanned at all. This would not help me should a customer fail to receive a package as I wouldn't even be able to prove to the postal service that I shipped the package! 

I usually avoid the Etsy forum like I would avoid the plague but I ventured in there to ask about sellers' recent experiences with USPS scanning their packages. A simple question quickly devolved into the usual Etsy forum snarkiness and condescension.  What has happened to normal, civil discourse?  This wasn't even a controversial topic!

For those who are curious:  https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/11767668

6 comments:

  1. Well, you know you and I have had some problems with this! If you want to see snarky, try taking it up with the folks at the P.O.!!!! But seriously, that's where we need to take it up; I just don't know how to get past the guys who are not bothering to scan..... As you know, I did voice all this in a USPS survey I was asked to respond to. I'd recommend everybody go use the USPS website, which prompts the survey. Then, hope to get asked to take the survey--and blast them. (And hope the same guys aren't scanning the responses.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try to take that survey. They will be getting a piece of my mind....

      Let's hope that our problems have ended or end really soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Susan, sorry that you too have been a victim of people's lack of civility. I am frequently irritated by people's lack of compassion for others. At least some of the other posters were positive :). Not sure what has happened that society is much less polite than it used to be. Do people just not think before they speak or just not care?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I'm not sure who they intended as the recipient(s) of their rudeness--me or other posters. I felt bad for those who really did feel targeted. I think that the internet really brings out bad behavior in people. I'm glad that I know enough *nice* people online that I can forget about the rest!

      Delete
  3. I saw your thread in the forums. I'm a forum lurker and don't participate much, for the reasons you've stated. So ridiculous & immature.

    As far as the scanning goes, it seems like a sometimes-enforced kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely returned to lurker status. Posting in the forum actually left me feeling dirty!

      I guess I'm going to have to put my "please scan me" stickers on all my packages. Each time I forget to use one, they forget to scan it. It's so sad that the postal service is falling apart.

      Delete