Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Unexpected Vet Expenses

An update on Randy:

In my last blog post, I mentioned that Randy was resting in his carrier after his surgery.  When he finally exited his carrier, he dislocated his hip in a fit of terror (a crazy, scrambling run) while he was still a bit groggy.  We couldn't tell that anything was really wrong with his leg until yesterday.  Today's vet visit was very stressful for him and costly for us so, I'm hoping to offset some of those expenses by offering a bulk buy on my ball-tipped copper headpins.
(100) 20 g or 22 g 3 inch (7.6 cm) long copper headpins for $18.  That's around 25% off.

handmade antiqued copper headpins
Antiqued With Liver of Sulphur

handmade copper headpins
Raw Copper

handmade rosy copper headpins
 Rosy Copper

Send me a convo on Etsy and I'll get your reserve listing set up. I'll need a week of lead time to get these made so, please bear with me.  I've got an injured kitty to care for in addition to everything else.

And, for those who don't make jewelry but prefer the finished items, send me a convo and I'll set up a reserved listing with 10% off and free US and Canadian shipping. I'll extend the 10% off discount and discounted shipping to anyone outside the US and Canada so that it's commensurate with the savings that everyone else receives.  The discounts apply in both my Etsy shops:  Cicada Silver & Libellula Jewelry.  Thank you to anyone who helps!

I'd appreciate any positive vibes that anyone can send to my little boy.  It's hard to get a scared little formerly feral kitty to understand everything that's going on right now.  And, amazingly enough, my sweet little cat never showed the slightest bit of aggression in the midst of all that pain.

10 comments:

  1. Poor little guy! Definitely sending good thoughts his way. And yours, too! I'm a cat person to as my Hope is sitting under my feet as I sit here at the computer desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia. I appreciate all the good thoughts; I'm convinced that they help. Please give Hope a few ear scratches from me. =^..^=

      Delete
  2. How hard for any pet to undergo treatment, but for a feral-transitioning little guy... he will will your love for sure. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for caring, Andrea. All the positive vibes will help him. He will get through this and regain all the ground we had gained and even progress further. It's just hard along the way.

      I just hand-fed him some turkey so, I know that's he's eaten tonight.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about Randy :(. Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I think he'll be fine if we can continue to keep him calm and quiet so that he can heal. He's eating well and using the litter pan which sounds like a good start.

      Delete
  4. How is Randy doing now (Wed 13th)? Hope you're doing okay, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is limping around the house and trying to jump onto as many things as possible. He never did that until *after* the hip dislocation. I'm still not entirely convinced that his hip is o.k. But I fear that another trip to the vet may do even more harm.

      His appetite is excellent and he is still using the litter pan without mistakes. I wish that he would calm down so that he can heal.

      Delete
    2. They seem to heal incredibly quickly and literally bounce back, and bounce, and bounce... I've seen it with my dog currently and the cat I had many years ago. The vet told me animals process pain differently than we do.

      I am lusting after some of those headpins (as well as copper bead caps -- been looking at the bead caps for a good month now) so as soon as I get paid... I'm gonna come shopping!

      Delete
    3. You are so right about how they heal. Randy is getting better by the day and his limp is not quite as pronounced as it was even a day ago.

      Thank you for your interest in my copper findings! I'll be waiting--with some extra goodies, too. :)

      Delete