Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Freret Market



I applied to sell at the Freret Market in New Orleans and I was accepted!  This doesn't guarantee me a space at the April market.  The market chooses from a large pool of vendors each month but my acceptance does mean that I am in the running.  This is exciting because though this market is not an "art" market, it has a more "art market"-like feel than the other markets where I've sold.  With that slightly more upscale feel comes a higher space fee but I'm interested in comparing sales across different venues.  Each venue has it's perks so, I won't be abandoning any of them.

I've added new display items, my husband just got a new Galaxy Note II phone, and we signed up for Paypal Here.  Things are really beginning to come together!  The next thing is a biggie; I've got to order my tent.  I've found one from Sam's Club and another from Costco that seems better.  It's a better grade of nylon and the frame is powder coated aluminum.  Does anyone care to share their experience with either of those tents?  I also need a banner but I haven't decided what kind I want.  Actually, I know that I don't want plastic but I'll probably end up with plastic anyway because they do last out in the elements.  I really love the handmade banner that Barbara Bechtel made but I don't draw well enough to make one and I'm afraid that even treated fabric would look moldy in no time with our year 'round high humidity.  Any suggestions regarding the banner dilemma?

8 comments:

  1. You are really expanding! Good luck with this new market--hope you get in for April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to really make a "go" of it! Thank you so much for your constant support. You're a true friend. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats, I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ali! It will be a big step for me but I finally think I'm ready. (Nervous but ready)

      Delete
  3. That is exciting news, congratulations. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping you get into that April Festival! Thanks for linking that banner tutorial. I'll go in the studio and make one this instant! Yeah right! hahaha!!! You could always order one from Vistaprint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kalaya! Her tutorial is great but I really need to be able to draw better in order to use it. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll check into the ones from Vistaprint. I might just find something I like.

      Delete