Translate

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Photo--As Promised

I recently made this necklace featuring a polymer clay pendant made by Martha Eason of Menagerie Studio.  The pendant was part of a package of goodies sent to me by a dear friend.  I mentioned this necklace in a comment on another blog and promised to post a photo.

Dragonfly Heart Necklace by Libellula Jewelry
Polymer Clay Pendant by Martha Eason of Menagerie Studio

I used copper wire, my handmade rosy copper headpins and bead caps, carved bone beads, Czech glass beads, and vintage Miyuki beads.  I finished the necklace with my hammered copper clasp and  dragonfly logo tag.  The necklace is not yet listed in Libellula Jewelry.

12 comments:

  1. You did Martha's pendant proud! The colors are spot on, but I especially like the combo of textures and shapes in the beads you selected. And I have to say I'm partial to bone and lavender...they look great with the pendant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you approve! The carved bone beads are the part that I think tied the whole thing together. :)

      Delete
  2. It is lovely. I love the textures too. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I can't wait to see what Barb Fernald makes with the pendant Lori sent her.

      Delete
  3. oh, I love that pendent and the necklace, very sweet and spring colors, I love lilac/cream combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! The colors together are great. And your wire wrapping is so neat and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha used pretty colors in her pendant and I just followed her lead!

      Thanks so much, Cynthia.

      Delete
  5. This came out great! I love how the cream colored pieces really draw my eye down to the details in the dragonfly. The flower shaped dangles work so well too. And I am always in awe of how tidy and uniform your wire wrapping is. I can never get mine to look that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. I look forward to seeing what you make with your pendant.
      Thanks so much for the compliment on my wrapping. I'm a little OCD about it! I'm always in awe of your PMC work. Your necklaces with silver "stones" mixed with beach stones, sea glass, freshwater pearls, lampwork beads...wow! They are some of the most distinctive pieces that I've seen.

      Delete
  6. Very pretty! I had one of her pendants once and really loved it. I'll have to visit her shop again some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heidi! Now that Lori gave Barb one of her pendants, I'll bet Martha gets a wave of orders. Good for her! :)

      Delete