Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Getting Ready For Bead Soup Blog Party, etc.

I've been having fun getting together my Bead Soup for the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party which is my first time participating.  I was amazed to read that there are 500 of us who will be taking part during the three reveal dates--that's a lot of blogs to read!  I have no idea how Lori keeps everything organized but I'm definitely in awe.

More jewelry is ready for the next Piety Street Market on February 9th in New Orleans and to be listed in my Etsy shops.  I dread cropping all the photos and writing all the listings.  Isn't that everyone's least favorite part of creating?

I ordered a new necklace display from Selena Beads n Bits on Etsy and it's due to arrive on Friday.  Oh, how I have needed it!  It can hold eight, long necklaces and is heavy enough that it shouldn't blow over during outdoor markets.

Edith Tall Swivel Necklace Stand 

My husband has been working on a new earring display for me.  The brass rods to hold the earring cards arrived today and will need to be cut, copper plated, treated with liver of sulphur, and installed.  And the woodwork remains to be either stained or painted.  After I condition the wood, I'll test to see if it's going to take the stain evenly.  If not, I'll paint it.  Stay tuned for photos...

I've been so busy that I haven't even written any updates on Randy, our rescue tuxedo cat.  We've now had him 30 days and he has grown--a lot.  I cannot believe that a little over a month ago that he still looked like an over-grown kitten.  He now looks like an almost fully grown cat.  He acts like a normal house cat except that he is still not ready to be touched (petted or picked up).  He is getting very attached to me and likes to follow me and lie on the floor next to me while I work.  He'll soon be visiting the vet for every little boy cat's least favorite visit and I must admit that I don't look forward to it.  Even with the cat sedative, I can't imagine that it's going to be easy to get him into his Sherpa Sack  because his claws are wicked long! I'm seriously considering wearing leather gloves.  I'll make an effort to get some new photos of my handsome lad up on the blog. 

Our recent weather has been very unseasonal and today's wind advisory has had me nervous.  Even the cat got really antsy during the gusty winds earlier in the day.  I'm thankful that he finally calmed down and has been sleeping for the last couple of hours.  The dangerous weather in the Atlanta metro area has been on my mind, as well.  I have a lot of friends up there.  I hope all my readers are safe and sound.  Stay safe, my friends!

Weather.com Severe Weather Graphic



12 comments:

  1. yay, I will partecipate too, this is my 3rd time... maybe we are partner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it if we were partners! That would be so much fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I definitely will! You won't believe how much he's grown since the last photo. =^..^=

      Delete
  3. Writing listings is my least favorite part of this whole biz for sure! Can't wait for the BSBP, my first time too :). Stay safe in this wild weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BSBP is going to be a blast! You stay safe, too. :)

      Delete
  4. I hope your earring display is going to be in action for the Piety Market - I assume it will be, the way you tend to get things done! I'm looking forward to it, and hearing about Randy's vet visit (assuming he'll have gone by then?) I'm glad he's getting along so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have the display with me but all the credit goes to my husband. I'm only "finishing" it.

      I think Randy might be going to the vet tomorrow (every day is a surgery day) but it depends upon work and scheduling...we'll have to see. ~fingers crossed~

      Delete
  5. did you receive the email for BSBP? I don't,yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did because I'm in the second reveal date. My partner is the super-talented Nancy Boylan. She makes lampwork beads, too!

      Lori has been having a bad migraine and I don't think she's had a chance to send out the info for those who are in the third reveal date. You're signed up for the third, right? I'm sure that Lori will email you soon. :)

      Delete
    2. I don't know you partner, I will find her out :)
      I choose second or tird, maybe I'm in the last group.
      yes, I know it is a big work for Lori, I only was worried there were some problems with my email :)

      Delete
    3. I think that you must be in the last group because your name isn't listed in the first or second. I hope your email gets fixed soon. I know how much trouble that can cause. Good luck! :)

      Delete