Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Baking

I'm starting my holiday baking and wanted to share some of my favorite recipes.  All of the links below will take you to the recipes on the original websites or one of my Pinterest boards where I have pinned the uploaded recipes.

Cranberry-Pumpkin Rolls

King Arthur Flour Pumpkin Cake Bars w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

cranberry upside down pumpkin cake
Cranberry Upside Down Pumpkin Cake

apple cake
Apple Cake
(also excellent made with toasted walnuts--English or black)

sweet potato pecan muffins
Sweet Potato Pecan Muffins
These are great for breakfast or a healthy snack

Lemon Sticky Buns
Lemon Sticky Buns
Meyer lemons are in season!

Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
Not going to lie to you--this one's naughty! 
(I prefer to use a combination of sour cream & whole milk instead of buttermilk)

King Arthur Flour Favorite Fudge Cake
Favorite Fudge Cake
Naughty, again...
(I prefer to use Greek yogurt instead of buttermilk or regular yogurt)
This recipe is great because you can bake it in a bake & give foil pan, it travels well, and is a hit at parties.

chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies
Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
(It's a great recipe as-is but I like to use high quality organic chocolate chips--around 4 oz. or so and I also squeeze the ginger juice from the pulp.  The ginger pulp is a bit stringy.)
Just a heads up for next year:  These cookies ship extremely well.  I wrap them individually and none have ever arrived broken or stale.

I have other favorites that I bake every year but I keep those recipes a secret.  I'm not quite ready to give them out.  Do you have any recipes that are your private creations that you won't share with anyone else?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you were staying stateside, I'd send you a pound cake! But I'd feel guilty about the gluten.

      Delete
  2. Don't worry. I'm going to get my share of gluten...and then some! Enjoy the downtime and all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only baked a few things but over the course of the next month... (I'll probably bake them all!)

      Enjoy your time with family & friends and be sure to eat some wonderful foods for me, too!

      Delete