Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

Getting Ready For A Holiday Market

I've been interested in the OCH Art Market in New Orleans for quite some time.  The market was named for Oretha Castle Haley who was one of Louisiana's leading civil rights activists.  I finally decided to take the plunge and will be selling there this Saturday.  Each month, the market has a theme with this month being the holiday market.  I'm sure that came as no surprise!

OCH Market Themes For 2012

Holiday markets in New Orleans are typically very festive and colorful in an off-beat, quirky way so, I expect this to be no different.  I'll have an indoor table which should be comfortable considering the weather is currently forecast to be rather warm for this time of year with a high of 75°.  I really hope that the forecast changes because weather that warm doesn't seem very much like holiday market weather!

I'm tying up loose ends this week and also getting ready for the show--busy, busy!  In addition to my usual offerings, I'll also have some new items at lower price points in the hope that I can get some of those stocking stuffer dollars and impulse purchases. 

If you're in the New Orleans area on Saturday, please drop by; I'd love to meet you.  Market hours are from 10 am to 3 pm and because this is recognized "Cultural Products District", there is no sales tax on original art!

Here's more info about this month's market:  http://eepurl.com/sd2Fb



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment