Translate

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Quiet Day

Papa Noel

Today's been quiet and fairly peaceful--but not entirely.  A big male, smokey gray cat decided to chase away the little female tuxedo cat (Olive) that we are trying to tame into a house cat.  My husband chased him away because he is aggressive and we can't let him think that he can continue to threaten her.  Olive is getting a bit braver each day so, our resolve grows stronger.  I am determined to save this kitty!

My husband is making me a small, square red oak table (just 2' x 2') that I can take outside when I want to saw or hammer in natural light.  This will help with metal dust and give me a portable table that I can take to shows.  I'll post photos when it's finished.

I've had a last minute shopper today.  We figured out a way to deal with the item not arriving in time for Christmas delivery by creating a "digital gift" to be printed and included in a card.  I think it's great that we have modern options like that.

I hope everyone is getting to spend time with their families and friends.  I'm enjoying baking and cooking a few favorites that we don't eat but once or twice a year.  I'll be cooking the remainder of the evening so that we can have our special meals on Christmas eve rather than on Christmas.  Our Christmas forecast is severe thunderstorms with the threat of tornadoes which doesn't really sound like a day to be in the kitchen.  I'd rather have our festivities a day early.  I hope my readers enjoy better weather than we're likely to endure!

Hold close those that you love and spread a wish for peace!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the severe weather is not as bad as forecasted.

    Have a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alice. We're hopeful that it won't be too bad.

      I hope you have a lovely Christmas, too and that 2013 brings you happiness and excellent health!

      Delete