Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012

I Love Handmade Pottery

The holiday shopping season is upon us so, I'll be posting favorites now and then.  Here are a few items from some shops I really like:

stoneware fish vase by artgirl56.etsy.com


stoneware centerpiece bowl by cropcircleclay.etsy.com
Stoneware Centerpiece Bowl by Crop Circle Clay

stoneware tray by mudandfiber.etsy.com
Rustic Queen Anne's Lace Stoneware Tray

Isn't it a shame that Etsy messed with their category and made it more difficult for those who make pottery (ceramics, stoneware, porcelain) to "get found" by potential customers?  I'm not impressed with all the changes--especially in the lead up to the holidays.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful things! Especially the vase! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I just received some ceramic and porcelain pendants from Art Girl 56. So beautiful. I am always drooling over the jewelry bowl she makes.

    I have seen that tray as well in my searches. How unique.

    Hey, big organizations don't always make the most sensitive changes.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea!

      Mari's work really is lovely. I've got one of her jewelry bowls (carved butterfly design) and it can be seen in some of my listing photos. It's taller than my other bowl from Neal Pottery so, now I can hang long and longer earrings with ease.

      I love that tray because Queen Anne's Lace has always been one of my favorite wildflowers and it sort of looks like snowflakes. I could see it being used as a holiday piece.

      You're so right about the big organizations. We're all hanging tough--despite all!

      Delete