Translate

Friday, August 10, 2012

Lampwork Bead & Silver Necklace

fine silver & lampwork bead necklace
Necklace is 28.5 inches (72.4 cm) long

I had been hoarding these beautiful swirled lampwork glass beads made by http://myglitterstuff.etsy.com.  I've had them well over a year but it took me a while to decide how I should use them.  The beads are a lovely sediment gray swirled with ivory and have fine silver dotting the surface.  The fine silver was what inspired me to make fused & hammered fine silver links.  I like the geometric look that the links give the necklace--a little mod but still decidedly rustic. All the other silver is sterling and there is a slight difference in how the two silvers reacted to the liver of sulphur.  It adds a little bit more interest.

I think that this necklace could be worn with a winter white suit, a charcoal alpaca sweater with jeans--actually a wide variety of clothes from casual to dressy.  I love to make pieces of jewelry that are multi-purpose.

The necklace is already listed in Cicada Silver.

4 comments: