Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yeasted Lemon Cake With Strawberries

yeasted lemon cake
 Yeasted Lemon Cake

It's almost Summer but it has felt like it for a month already.  Hot temperatures make me crave lemon flavored desserts and this recipe from King Arthur Flour is perfect.  Yeast cake is somewhat bland on its own but with the addition of a deliciously sweet-tart lemon syrup, it has a divine flavor.  Pairing it with fresh berries makes it even better!  I wish that the strawberries were the deep red, fragrant Ponchatoula strawberries from Louisiana but I made do with some organic FL berries.

I didn't make any changes to the recipe other than substituting in a few organic ingredients.  It's one of those cakes that tastes wonderful but doesn't require slaving in a hot kitchen.  I'll save the slaving in the heat for my torch-work!

No comments:

Post a Comment