Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Pumpkin Bread, New Earrings, & Some Music!

I'm one of those people who adores pumpkin year 'round--not just during Autumn.  I don't need cool weather to beckon me into the kitchen to bake pumpkin breads, pies, well...anything!  So, after enjoying a delicious lemony cake with berries over the last few days, I started craving something completely different.  This pumpkin bread is very moist and can be changed up in so many ways.  Sometimes I'll add the chocolate chips, other times just toasted walnuts, but I always make sure to add a teaspoon of cinnamon and use walnut oil.  The walnut oil gives it the most incredible aroma.  This batch features both toasted walnuts and chocolate chips.

easy pumpkin bread
 Easy Pumpkin Bread
With Toasted Walnuts & Chocolate Chips

So, what have you been baking lately?

__________________________________________________


I've been experimenting with different ideas lately and came up with these earrings:

beaded copper wire earrings
18 & 20 gauge Copper Wire with 6/0 Czech Glass Beads

I wanted to approximate the curves that a Wig Jig makes possible so that I could decide if I really want to order one.  The problem is deciding *which* Wig Jig.  Any suggestions on how to decide which one(s) is right for me? http://www.wigjig.com/

 __________________________________________________ 

And, a new video by one of the best young trumpet players in New Orleans:

2 comments:

  1. I like the earrings! I own a jig similar to the Olympus Lite (not as heavy duty by a different manufacturer. I find it is plenty large enough to do the things I want it to, just wish it was a lil more heavy duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'll check out the Olympus Lite. Right now, I feel fairly clueless as to what the differences are between the different models so, I appreciate all the help I can get!

      Delete