Translate

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Online Auction!

Thanks again to everyone who donated money to help my friend and fellow classmate, Douriean Fletcher of Eklektik Ekhos http://www.eklektikekhos.com/, raise the money for her entry fee for Labo Ethnik in Paris!

I am now hoping to help her raise some money to cover her airfare.  So, I've got a pair of earrings that I made which are being auctioned right here, on this blog.  100% of the money raised will be given to Douriean to help pay for her ticket.  I'm going to let this auction run until May 12th to give everyone time to bid. 

A message from Douriean from her Tumblr:  http://eklektikekhos.tumblr.com/post/20843437252/i-cant-believe-i-did-this-smh

Libellula Jewelry:  Roma-inspired Gypsy hammered copper & Czech glass earrings
  Bohemian, Gypsy-Inspired Copper Earrings with Faceted Czech glass beads

These earrings are solid copper with faceted, Picasso finish Czech glass beads.  I made these from copper washers which I filed, sanded, hammered, drilled, and tumble polished.  The headpins and ear wires were made by torch balling 20 gauge copper wire which I then pickled, hammered, and tumble polished.  I hate to make jump rings so, my husband made them for me from 18 and 20 gauge copper wire which he then tumble polished.  The earrings were assembled, treated with liver of sulphur, polished, and sealed with Renaissance Wax.  The earrings hang a total of 1 3/8 inches or 3.5 cm.

The starting bid for these earrings is $20 and shipping will be included in the winning bid.  Please leave your bids in the comments section and be sure that you also include your email address so that I can contact the winning bidder.  Thank you!


  International bids are welcome! 

Thank you to all who bid on these earrings!  Every little bit counts and will help a very deserving and talented young woman reach her goal of traveling to Paris to show her work. Labo Ethnik  is a venue very well-suited to her beautiful, ethnic style.



Video is in French

If you are not able to bid but would like to help, I would greatly appreciate mentions on other blogs, Facebook, tweets, and having this auction pinned on Pinterest.  Please feel free to advertise this auction anywhere and everywhere!  I am grateful for any help you provide :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Someone has told me they want to bid! Do they just post a comment to give their bid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Anyone wishing to place a bid needs to list the bid here in the comments section and make sure that they leave an email address.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. $40.00..... regina2570@aol.com

    ReplyDelete