Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mark Your Calendars!

precious metal clay workshop flier 

My teacher and good friend, Teva Chaffin and I will be teaching two PMC classes in Jackson MS in June.  We'll be at the studio of another good friend, Rhonda Blasingame who is an amazing art quilter.  She and her art & studio partner, Anne Campbell have a great new studio.  Teva and I are lucky to be able to rent such a nice space!

So, if you've ever been curious about precious metal clay, this is your chance to try it.  It's an amazing medium.  The first time that you torch fire a piece of clay, you'll feel like you're an alchemist!  At first, it can be hard to wrap your mind around the concept of fine silver in clay form.  I still get amazed each time I burnish a piece and watch it turn from matte white to shiny silver.  Working in PMC really offers almost immediate gratification.  You'll be amazed what you can learn and accomplish in just one or two classes.

You might have noticed that I blurred my last name on the flyer.  I'm very new to having a blog, Etsy shop, and being on Pinterest, Twitter, Wanelo, and StumbleUpon and it sometimes feels like I'm too exposed.  So, bear with this privacy fanatic.  Plus, you'll know my full name if you take the class! ;)

PMC tree of life pendant
Tree of Life Pendant Made In My First PMC Syringe Class

No comments:

Post a Comment