Translate

Friday, February 10, 2012

Raffle Donation

Lately, I've been busy with my class and Etsy shop.  I've also been working on a necklace and earrings set for a charity raffle.  http://libellulajewelry.blogspot.com/2012/01/today-i-am-making-molds-of-vintage.html  I finally decided which button mold I wanted to use to make the necklace I'm donating.  2011 was a hard year for a lot of my friends and 2012 has started out on a nasty note.  One of our most beloved friends found out that she has cancer.  So, the lucky four leaf clover button seemed like a good choice.  We all need as much good luck as we can get!

mold made from vintage Czech glass button

unfired PMC button pendant

Cicada Silver hallmark

PMC fine silver pendant
The pendant is approximately 7/8" (22 mm) in diameter and weighs 10 grams (just under 1/3 Troy oz.)

PMC fine silver shamrock pendant necklace
The necklace is approximately 21" (53.3 cm) long and can be shortened if needed.  The four leaf clover pendant was made from PMC3 (precious metal clay) and is 0.999 fine silver. The chain, wire, and clasp are all sterling silver (0.925).
green Czech glass & Bali sterling silver earrings
The coordinating earrings were also made from sterling silver wire and Bali sterling silver beads.  The faceted, green glass beads are Picasso finish, fire-polished Czech glass.  Interestingly enough, the color was listed as "Pontchartrain".

Cicada Silver hallmark
You'll notice that the hallmark says "Cicada Silver".  I'll be opening that shop on Etsy in the spring.

The retail value for this prize is $255.  I'll put a link to the raffle website on the blog right before the raffle goes "live".  There will be lots of wonderful prizes and the money raised goes to some wonderful causes

2 comments:

  1. The necklace came out great! It looks like you must have a great button collection. It reminds me that I have several buttons I bought last year to make molds from and I just never got to it...yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I've only been collecting vintage buttons for a few months but I've been lucky enough to find a few really nice ones.

      I can't wait to see what you make with your button molds...

      Delete