We have enjoyed this recipe ever since it appeared in the Co-op Advantage newsletter a few years ago. It's a lovely Thai-inspired dish. So, I've pulled this recipe out in anticipation of tonight's dinner. I can't remember the last time I cooked it but I know it's been too long.
I change all recipes--like most of you do; I'm sure. So I've listed my changes below:
- increase garlic to 1 Tbsp
- increase coriander to 3 Tbsp
- double the cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, and turmeric
- use a full 14 oz. tin of Muir Glen tomatoes w/ green chilies rather than just a cup of tomatoes
- decrease the coconut milk to 1 can of light coconut milk
- omit salt entirely if using royal red shrimp (they are deep water shrimp and the pressure infuses their bodies w/ enough salt)