Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Slowly But Surely...

Cicada Silver:  sterling silver links earrings 
Trio of Sterling Silver Links Earrings
hammered dots stud post earrings
Hammered Sterling Silver Post Earrings

I'm beginning to build up a stock of items for my next Etsy shop (Cicada Silver) that will focus on silver (fine and sterling).  It's going to be a mix of items made from precious metal clay and silver sheet/wire.  You might have noticed that both shops have insect names.  We have lots of dragonflies around the beach during late Summer and Autumn so, that was the inspiration for Libellula.  My adventures in PMC started last May when I took my first classes in Nashville.  That was during the time that brood XIX of the 13-year cicadas had begun to emerge. Many people dislike cicadas but I've always adored them and find their song very soothing while some find it deafening.  As a friend of mine always says, "To each their peach".  So, Cicada Silver it is!

My metalsmithing class is about to start again which means life is about to get a lot crazier than it already is.  Back and forth to New Orleans each week is not only time consuming but seriously tiring.  But I *love* it!  And, it's allowed me to be a part-time New Orleanian which is never a bad thing.  So, I'll keep everyone updated as much as I can.  I have a feeling that intermediate metalsmithing is going to be a lot tougher and much more work.

There is even some talk about trying as a group to sell at markets and music festivals.  This interests me quite a bit because I was really happy with the holiday show/sale http://libellulajewelry.blogspot.com/2012/01/finally-first-post.html.  Etsy can be incredibly slow so, a supplemental sales outlet would be excellent.  Plus, no one is going to say no to that much exposure which reminds me that I need to get more cards printed.  Moo!  http://us.moo.com/  I absolutely loved my sample pack of cards.  Now, it's time for the real deal without the little line of ad text on the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment