Curried Pumpkin Soup
I'll start by saying that I am a cold weather wimp but that comes from being a lifelong Southerner. So, any of you who live in truly cold weather climates, please don't laugh too hard.
Temperatures below 60° usually make me start shivering. I am not a fan of cold weather but I love any excuse for a pot of homemade soup. I get emails from Panera because I've got one of their reward cards. One of those emails contained a recipe for Curried Pumpkin Soup. I finally got around to trying the recipe and I'm happy to report that with a few modifications, it was really good.
- I used organic ingredients
- I almost doubled the curry powder but I hesitate to say that it should be doubled because curry powders differ so much (season to your personal preference)
- I shook in a bit of cinnamon because this curry powder (Frontier) was rather mild
- I increased the ginger to 3 tsp. In the future, I will grate the ginger and squeeze the juice from the pulp
- I substituted light coconut milk for the regular
- I used a bit more sugar but the amount of sugar needed will definitely vary by the sweetness of the pumpkin
- I added 1/2 tsp of red chili flakes
Curried pumpkin soup, a salad, and some Dr. Kracker Pumpkin Seed Cheese flatbreads made a healthful and delicious dinner.